Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Sweet Smell of Everything


89 days to go...that's 12 weeks to go, 3 days til the shower, keepsakes and birthing classes.
Big sweet thanks to Allison Smith, my oldest friend, for making my keepsakes for the baby shower. As tempted as I am to take a picture and share it I want there to be some element of surprise at the shower. I opened them and cried like the hormonal preggo that I am. THANK YOU ALLI! 
I am having my ladies over tonight for some dinner and craft time to prepare for the shower and have some time to be silly and relax. I have two boxes full of OLD mason jars that I had to scrub down and am looking forward to taco salads and traded stories. 
Last night Joel and I went to our first natural birthing class.  It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be- though when we were listening to meditative breathing exercises Joel kept giggling, to later find out he was imagining it to Gilford Godfrey's voice. "BREATHE SLOW." We were the cut ups in the room and 4 out of the 6 couples were soooooo boring and serious. Like cops and their fat wives who thought when the baby kicked it was "disturbing". Joel and I made it weird by talking about sore nipples and farts- THE REAL STUFF. 
There were only 6 couples there... which surprised me until that was taken over by a big shock FACTor...
about 95% of births performed at NFRMC have an epidural or pain medication. 
So, I will be in the small 5% of women who will be performing the most common, uncommon form of childbirth there at NF. It's going to be very interesting seeing how the nurses are with a natural childbirth. Betta' have some patience nurse ladies. 


7 months. I've made it!

BABY UPDATE EMAIL:
"This month her sensory development will allow her to detect odors. Smell is yet another way your baby can recognize and make sense of the world around her. During the third trimester, her smelling talents will greatly improve. Soon, she'll be able to react to strong odors by grimacing or moving his head. And after birth, she'll be comforted by the familiar smell of mom.

Growing Brain, Growing Personality

Will your baby be quiet and creative? Or the life of the party? Will she be the athlete, or the Math-lete? As her brain grows, her personality develops along with it.
For the most part, you'll have to wait and see who your baby grows into. But you can look to what she's doing now for some early clues. Is she active and rambunctious in there? Or is she calm and relaxed most of the time?
You can also help nourish your dreams for your baby right now by getting the proper nutrition at this critical stage of her development. Know what you need, and be sure to get it every day.

Bundling Up with Body Fat

This month, your little one begins to trades in his skinny, wrinkled appearance for a plumper, more baby-like one. She'll start gaining the body fat layers, and not just to look cute in her baby pictures. Babies need this fat to regulate their body temperature and provide energy stores after birth."

2 comments:

  1. damn! 95%??!! thats insane. this country is wack. go for it sista! those nurses are def going to be out of their element, be prepared for them to offer you meds like every 10 mins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having had 5 children, two by c-section ( my favorite way of having babies) I love meds..lol. Mike the first was my only "natural" child birth, the other two were in induced, way to painful without meds, and thank GOD Ben the older twin didn't move from his sideways position, bc i so didn't want to have to go threw that shit twice. lol. Love ya,, you will be great!!!

    Connie

    ReplyDelete