Monday, March 5, 2012

Firsts for my first!

Ezraa had a big day yesterday and of course is a pro. I introduced her to baby yoga and she was so cooperative and patient/ open and trusting to the positions I put her in. We practice holding her head up but this was really fun to watch her react to. She is vocalizing a lot. Joel says she likes the way it feels on her throat. So she was staring at me while I had her on my knees and in the air and making calm humming noises the entire time. She is 15 days old and better at yoga than me. Go figure.

We also gave her the first bath- in her tiny personal whale tub. I let Joel give it to her since a breastfeeding consultant suggested that be a way for him and Ezraa to bond until we begin with bottle feeding. She was so calm and just let us do our thing! No crying fits or anything! Joel was a natural especially for saying "sooo how do we do this?" right before putting her in there. After, we wrapped her up in a super cute shark towel and brought her into the room to put on her nighttime deal & she gave me a face I knew all too well- but completely paralyzed me... And took a huge liquidy poop all over the towel seeping through onto my jeans. We just laughed, grabbed the camera for the memories and brought her back in for another quick rinse down. She passed out immediately after. Home girl was RELAXED. Lesson learned for us.

Joel got a sweet promotion but it still comes with the nasty tasks like covering the staff's duties- that he manages- if one quits or does not show. Last night we decided to run a paper route together as a family that he was rearranging for a future carrier. It was a big one so I brought the pump and a bottle along just in case sleeping beauty woke up and was hungry. I pumped in the car because I was hurting from how full the ladies were. I sat in the back seat with Ezraa and once done- without discussing it with Joel gave her the bottle to see what she would do. She laid in the carseat with it in her mouth but it just instantly put her to sleep. She didn't suck once. It didn't surprise me because she won't take a pacifier either. I figured- eh, it was worth a try.

We were planning on giving her the bottle next week- I can stress about it then. When we got home she was up and ready to eat. My breast were so sore from the days long feedings so I reached at one last attempt. BOOM. She took to it like a champ. She was almost a little greedy with it- at one point grunting with frustration that enough was not coming out- which later was just her fighting sleep. I was so happy with her killing the bottle. Later this morning I breastfed her and she took perfectly to it per usual. ( some people say introducing a bottle too soon can disrupt a latch with breastfeeding) but she was on point with everything and roles with the punches. She has made being a parent so much fun and easy so far. I am fascinated by her personality and daily growth both physically and developmentally.




I am obsessed with my girl and swell with pride at things no one cares about. I suppose that's being a momma.


Also, my bald child is sloooowly growing hairs!!! :) monk- too!!


1 comment:

  1. I totally get it -- I was so excited that I videoed it to show Mark when I saw Avett's eyes following the mobile as it spun today. Little developmental things are so exciting.

    ((baby yoga))

    ReplyDelete