Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Looking back at 4 weeks...

I found this picture while uploading old photos onto our new laptop. Hey C cup. I miss you. This was the day I found out that we were pregnant.
We went to the health department (great place to people watch- btw) and the nurse came in with my test results in hand and said "So did you think you are pregnant?" I replied...as you can imagine I was not in the mood to be cordial... "I'm here for a pregnancy test aren't I." She smiles with raised eyebrows and exclaims "Welp, you are REALLY pregnant! All the other tests were a little faded but yours was a big thick line." I smiled and burst into tears simultaneously- flooded with anxiety as an anvil just dropped on my estimated future of a motorcycle riding carefree college student and welder.
She proceeded to tell me how I will soon become both gaseous AND constipated... not be able to sleep and pee when I sneeze.
me: "buh, fantastic."
I walked out into the waiting room that was filled with all ethnicities and flavors with their brown paper bags filled with STD remedies and runny nosed kids wiping their boogers on the Oprah screen. I scanned to the back corner where Joel was sitting with his face in his palm, leaned to one side, slowly dozing off. I walked up with a nervous smile on my face and just handed him the proof of pregnancy. He jumped up and just hugged me so tight and told me he was so proud to be doing this with me. I melted into my anxiety and simply and ever so meaningfully looked back at him and said..."Can we go get BarBQ?"




This was after BarbQ where I took a bite of some coleslaw and ran to the bathroom to share with ol' John. I wasn't excited at this point and still in a little shock...but Holy moly! I will never complain about "being fat" eva eva again after seeing this and feeling how I feel now. I constantly am mumbling "ugh I'm fat" and there is ol' Joel mumbling behind me "no....your pregnant." Which I'm sure have undertones of "ya hormonal woman."

2 comments:

  1. Even at 20 wks yer skinnier than me! hahaha
    Lovin' dis blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i felt the same way looking back at pre-pregnant pictures, or even 20 week pics! you're beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete