Sunday, October 23, 2011

25 weeks and some pain.







Size: 13 1/2 in.                              Still SO active and responsive. 
Weight: 1 1/2 lbs. 


Pain has hit. I am getting more frequent Braxton-Hicks contractions, which are never pleasant. My ribs also feel like they are being pulled forward by imaginary death claws. It hurts to sit and sleep. I'm also finding it harder to breathe. I went for a run around 16th park and I was wheezing badly but still trucked on. 

I am scheduled this week to go get poked and prodded for my glucose screening test to check for gestational diabetes. --Gonna drink some sweet orange flat sugar water early in the morning per midwife. She was like "ya might throw this up". bleck. 

Besides the discomfort and constant urge to eat-- I am loving seeing her move around when I lay on my back and distract me with wild movements when I am feeling less than myself. She wakes me up already with intense kicks and other times with a foot in some organ. Pretty sure she's round housing my bladder too. I miss riding my motorcycle and sweating under a welding mask- the urge to just jump on my bike and take it around my block is growing with the days. Alas, I shall wait for the wind and heat until after she is born. 
My Oma sent me a sleepy time lamb that plays soothing sounds for the baby when she sleeps. I took it out of the back of the lamb and it's a little speaker with sound options and volume. There is a "Mother's heartbeat", "rain", and a few others. She didn't respond to the other sounds when I put the speaker up to my belly but when I put up the "Whale songs" she was freaking out!!! Everywhere I put it on my belly she would kick that exact spot. I would move it to my left and ...boop! Move it down towards my pelvic bone..."boop-boop!" It was hilarious. SO that's her jam and I have been wearing it out when I am feeling needy for her. I don't know if she loves the whale noise and response accordingly or if it pisses her off, the muffled "oooorrrhhhhhhhhh," and she kicking it to be, what in my mind, like "ughh moooooom- stop!" If that's the case.. That's what you get for making my ribs feel like they are about to break home girl. :)

xo


oh yeah, Screw a glass of wine- I just want to ride and button up a pair of jeans again. Few more months! 
So much to look forward to-- in the meantime, I will enjoy cryless nights and this unreal experience. 


No comments:

Post a Comment