Sunday, October 2, 2011

Nesting = Sewing!

I bought this pattern off Amazon and figured, what the hell, I can do this! Tiny baby Kimonos. EEK.


I opened the pattern last night and it was two HUGE sheets of really sheer thin paper that were folded ever so intricately. I sat and read the pattern instructions. It was bit like reading Stephen Hawking's "Universe in a Nutshell"- where I had to have a dictionary next to me to interpret every sentence. There were a lot of sewing terms that I wasn't privy to. Sewing class, here I come. I went ahead and cut out the patterns and material and once it was cut out I knew exactly what to do! I am really excited and motivated to make her tiny clothes. I have SO many folds of material I have been saving foreva- and finally get to use it all. I'm even using an old stained lace tablecloth that was Joel's grandmas for pretty little sleeves.

No comments:

Post a Comment