Saturday, December 10, 2011

cheers

to being 8 months pregnant



It's been the wildest ride imaginable & it hasn't even begun. I am blown away by so many factors that it would take too long to try to separate into categories. But I am thankful as hell to Joel for being awesome and my friends being the BEST. 


As the weeks close to a bitter sweet end I am astonished by how rude and stupid people act. It probably has a mix of oblivious in there but more than anything it's that I'm at a bar, working sober, surrounded by drunks. I'm taking it into account - but DAMN. The past few nights I have been called LOUDLY and rudely while I was fighting through a crowd with a heavy bucket of ice- "hey preggo - pregnant lady!" over and over behind me by a girl I reallyyyy don't like. I just kept walking fast and ignored her loud obnoxious slurring until I was behind the bar- where she continued to lean over it and scream it some more. I just turned slowly- I'm sure with the most pleasant of faces- and looked at her.
"stop".

I try not to be offended when it's my ladies because I know they just are excited but dang- I feel I have completely lost my identity in this pregnancy and become this person who people treat like a fair game...

Strangers!
"hey how many months are you?"
"8"
" I knew it! See I told you she was 7 or eight. Pay up."
" word. My name is Samantha if you care."

Eh. I'm pregnancy ranting. I'm saving Joel the thirty minutes of repeating myself in a high blood pressured vent session where he nods and inevitably just says " stupid humans".

Anyway. Beyond the annoying moments I have really enjoyed my friends getting into this pregnancy and see how excited they are to be around me while I talk about it and their want to be an active "Aunt". A lot of people told me that I would lose all my friends when I got pregnant but I have had the pleasure of being surrounded by rad people and actually acquired more friends that I wish I had known before I was "preggo".

1 comment: